1) Welcome to Asia Blockchain Community. Can you tell us about yourself and your core team members?
Hello everyone! My name is Paulo. 🙂 I’m the Head of Partnerships at PlanetQuest!
Our Founder is Loren Roosendaal, who’s been making games since puberty. He’s founded multiple game titles since, and more recently, is EmberSword, whose alpha is coming to IMX this quarter I believe! Last week, CoinGecko posted their top 10 NFT games to play in 2022, and EmberSword was the go-to game in the list. Loren is still active in that phase, and he is also involved in this sci-fi shooter spinoff at PlanetQuest.
Here’s a clip showing Loren’s other ongoing blockchain gamefi project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TIiQf241g&ab_channel=MetaverseInvestor
We also have Jon McCoy, one of the founders too and the Art Director, whose talent is lent to big screen titles like the recent Batman, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, Eternals, Avengers, and more I can’t possibly mouth here.
Check out his previous and ongoing work here: https://jonmccoyart.com/imdb
Our head of Game Development, Don, has decades of experience in building games, as he’s led teams in Rockstar Studios, Sega, Ronin Entertainment, and he’s helping us build the awesome procedurally generated maps for our players.
2) What is Planet Quest? What is your core mission in the crypto space?
PlanetQuest is a cinematic multiverse and free-to-play blockchain game that, for the first time, offers players the opportunity to own entire planets. Built by a global team with a shared history in games, Hollywood and procedural technology, the game promises a multiplayer exploration and discovery experience, that has players touching down on foreign planets and fending off dangerous wildlife in their search for valuable, planet altering artifacts. Future players can already join the community, at planetquest.io, where they can participate in the planet sale, vote on a universe altering storyline and earn unique NFT rewards.
PlanetQuest is not just a game, it’s not just a project, it’s a whole universe we are building. For comparison, think about Star Wars. The first movie came out a long time ago (no pun intended), and even today there is ever more people going to Comicon’s dressed as Darth Vader and Leia. There are still games and books and comics coming out. There are still children growing up in that universe, despite it being from the late 1970s. They are living it. They are part of it. That is something we are also trying to build here. Not just a game, not just a book, but a whole universe there at your fingertips to be a part of and enjoy growing up with. We want the next generation to grow up with PlanetQuest the same way our generations grew up with Star Wars.
3) We understand in gameplay you have both co-op and versus, can you explain the difference for people who are listening to what those two experiences will be like in gameplay?
- Co-op – This game mode allows players to dive into a planet, fulfill missions while fighting aliens, and collect rewards after that, including bits of gear and our native token, Quantum ($PQX)
- Versus – Players can participate in battles against other factions for free for all brawls, capture the flag, and other beloved game modes
4) Can you tell everyone about the Genesis Engine and the capabilities behind such a groundbreaking engine for gaming?
The Genesis Engine can generate beautiful planets directly in your browser. Each planet we generate is completely unique and all of its intricate details are interlinked. The temperature on the planet dictates whether or not the planet will have polar caps. The amount of water correlates to the number of clouds that slowly move over the planet as well as the size of possible forests and other types of vegetation. The Genesis Engine plays with all the little details that can differ between planets and uses that to create planets in full 3D that are completely distinct from one another, yet completely follow natural laws.
Furthermore, it is also our proprietary engine that the game is built on, responsible for procedurally generated worlds in full 3D,
5) We read about your zero friction technology and how it runs. Can you tell our listeners the benefits for people in other countries, and how it allows for ease of use gameplay?
Fictionless access: We want PlanetQuest to be accessible to everyone regardless of where you are in the world or what device you are playing on. PlanetQuest is playable from any device, be it PC / Mobile/ browser and can be booted in seconds!
Frictionless access: The game is off chain, meaning you won’t even need to connect your wallet to play! Accessing and converting rewards will be on-chain of course, but it doesn’t hinder any player from just receiving a link and playing, gaining rewards straight away.
6) There was a comment about immutable X, can you explain what this allows within your ecosystem for users?
Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs to enable gas-free minting and trading, while not compromising the security of the most used blockchain globally for NFTs, Ethereum. The solution, powered by StarkWare’s innovative technology, offers instant trade confirmation, massive scalability (up to 9,000 transactions per second), and fantastic developer and user experience. Immutable X has announced integrations with established marketplaces such as OpenSea and Mintable, and is powering some of the largest NFT plays across consumer apps (TikTok), social metaverse (IMVU), gaming (ESL Gaming, Ember Sword, Gods Unchained, Guild of Guardians, GreenPark Sports, Illuvium, MyCryptoHeroes+), and launchpad partners (SuperFarm, Epics.gg).
For our users, this means that our community planet sale will have gas-less purchases when participating. This makes it even more frictionless.
7) What will be the benefit for factions of owning a planet NFT, what additional opportunities does it provide?
As the lore in PlanetQuest is continually evolving and voted on by our 3 factions, we may be introducing some faction-based missions as well. Moving forward, there will be economic implications as each faction and planet owner will have their own pre-requisites in order to lend their rarer gear to players. The more access you have to these factions, the more varied your options are for gameplay and yield.
8) Can you explain the idea of the home planet and how one would acquire this, and why it’s needed within the gameplay system?
Planet NFTs are one of the ways we are practicing extreme ownership. Instead of simply owning the avatars, or limited ownership to equipment, we are allowing our players to own entire planets, where all the gameplay, building infrastructure and missions are contained! You literally own the game environment that the world is playing in.
Moreover, these planets can host at least 30+ players, and take part in the yield generation of those players. This is immensely valuable for the price of a single planet.
9) We understand in gameplay you will have trade and construction; can you explain how this will work within your ecosystem?
- Trading – You can purchase Gear NFTs that unlock particular classes for varied gameplay. These Gear NFTs can also be traded or lent to other players; all of these happen within the game UI. Purchasing of Planet NFTs and Guild NFTs can also be done through the in-game marketplace using our native token.
- Construction/ Stripping – This system means that players can strip their gear NFTs into parts and reconstruct these parts into higher tier gear NFTs. These unlock classes following archetypes like Engineers, Heavy Arms, Glass Cannons, and more. Planet owners will also be given the ability to build structures inside the planets for quality of life improvements and added utilities for players.
10) What other different ways a player can earn by playing?
- Individual Skill – Completing missions at a high level, performing
- Planet Owner – Earn a cut of $PQX from the global daily rewards pool, which is a collection of all the Quantum earnt in a day.
- Gear Acquisition, Flipping & Lending – Earn $PQX simply by lending your gear to newer players after unlocking various classes, constructing gear from looted materials, and selling them to the in-game marketplace.
11) Can you tell us about $PGX and the tokenomics and use case behind it in-game?
We have a single token system which is powered by PGX. We believe a single token economy is the best approach. More info here: https://link.medium.com/EgX57kjf5pb.
As one of our main values is putting Community first, we are allocating 40% of the game’s profits to go back to the players and funneled through the daily rewards. This makes gameplay rewarding, competitive and relevant every single day.
12) We understand guild owners can accept players onto their home planet, what are different ways they can invite people into their gameplay or guild?
- Inviting other home planets will be super easy, as simple as sending a QR code or weblink to anyone. Clicking such would boot the game in seconds, ready for you to be hacking away at aliens and earning loot!
- Guild Owners take away the cumbersome pain points of running one, including its sub-community, sharing utilities and yield. In the PQ model, having the rewards split to the playerbase makes it all the more incentivizing to play under certain banners, eSports teams, and guild organizations.
13) What is your marketing plan like for your Planet Sale?
- Press Releases
- Galactic Games – a series of community-run events and games such as smashkarts, quizzes, and story contests that interact with our decentralized storyline with IMX prizes up for grabs!
- Partner co-marketing: Kingsway Capital, Alameda Research, Sky Vision Capital, Double Peak, Primeblock Ventures, and through our partner guilds
14) Share an inspiring quote to let our community remember you by
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together