277 total views, 6 views today
Cloud-native experts present tips and use cases for serverless functions on Kubernetes, best practices for enterprise hybrid cloud, and lessons for architecting a hybrid cloud with a unified and open infrastructure approach
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Platform9 (https://platform9.com/), the leader in SaaS-managed hybrid cloud, today announced it will present five sessions at four upcoming industry conferences in June: BCS in London, DevOpsCon in Berlin, HPE Discover and Cloud Computing Expo 2019.
1) Steven Duckaert Presents “Develop Fast Serverless Functions for Kubernetes with the Open Source Fission” at BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
The British Computer Society (BCS), located in London, England, is a professional body and a learned society that represents those working in Information Technology and Computer Science, both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
Steven Duckaert, Solutions Architect at Platform9, will discuss the operational aspects of serverless applications on Kubernetes. Steven will share six specific approaches and best practices using the open source Fission serverless framework designed to improve the quality, reduce risk and optimize the cost of serverless applications.
- Platform9: Develop Fast Serverless Functions for Kubernetes with the Open Source Fission
- Wednesday, June 5 at 6:00 p.m. BST
- BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, London, England
2) Steven Duckaert Shares “Creating a Distributed AI/ML Enterprise Fabric Using Kubernetes and Serverless” at DevOpsCon Berlin
DevOpsCon conference in Berlin features leaders in continuous delivery, microservices, cloud and other software delivery driving technologies for four days of hands-on learning and sessions.
Steven shares best practices around the various stack components required to create a distributed AI/ML enterprise fabric: a Kubernetes solution, open source Serverless framework, data streams integrations, stateful data store recommendations, as well as a key consideration for day two operations and maintainability.
- Creating a Distributed AI/ML Enterprise Fabric Using Kubernetes and Serverless
- Wednesday, June 12 at 6:15 p.m. CEST
- DevOpsCon, Berlin, Germany
3) Vamsi Chemitiganti Presents “Platform9: A unified and open cloud architecture – from your data center to the public cloud to the Edge” at HPE Discover
HPE Discover brings thousands of technology professionals from around the world for three days of inspiration, learning and networking for a world where everything computes. The event happens in Las Vegas, June 17 – 20.
Vamsi Chemitiganti is the Chief Strategist at Platform9. Vamsi will discuss key patterns for modernizing applications and infrastructure with the public cloud and edge computing implementations using Platform9 Managed Services.
- Platform9: A unified and open cloud architecture from your data center to the public cloud to the Edge
- Wednesday, June 19 at 5:00 p.m. PT
- HPE Discover, Las Vegas, Nevada
4) Cody Hill Presents “Not Your Mother’s Cloud: Best Practices for Enterprise Hybrid Cloud” at Cloud Computing Expo
CloudEXPO is a conference to help drive the migration to modern enterprise IT infrastructures, built upon the foundation of cloud computing. Attendees learn how today’s hybrid, multiple cloud IT infrastructures integrate Big Data, analytics, blockchain, the IoT, mobile devices, and the latest in cryptography and enterprise-grade security. The event happens in Silicon Valley, June 24 – 26.
Cody Hill is the Director of Technology at Platform9. Cody will be presenting key patterns and lessons learned from large organizations for architecting their hybrid cloud with a unified and centralized management approach.
- Not Your Mother’s Cloud: Best Practices for Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
- Tuesday, June 25 at 8:30 a.m. PT
- CloudEXPO, Santa Clara, California
5) Vamsi Chemitiganti Shares “Serverless Applications You Can Implement Today: 3 Key Use Cases and Design Patterns” at Cloud Computing Expo
Vamsi Chemitiganti is Chief Strategist at Platform9. Vamsi will discuss three key uses cases primed for serverless, and share design patterns and tips to allow organizations to take advantage of serverless, today.
- Serverless Applications You Can Implement Today: 3 Key Use Cases and Design Patterns
- Wednesday, June 26 at 8:30 a.m. PT
- CloudEXPO, Santa Clara, California
- Join @d_steven for a special session at @bcs where he demonstrates how to develop fast #serverless functions for #Kubernetes using @fissionio https://www.bcs.org/events/2019/june/platform9-develop-fast-serverless-functions-for-kubernetes-with-the-open-source-fission/
- At @devops_con @d_steven presents “Creating a Distributed #AI / #ML Enterprise Fabric Using #Kubernetes and #Serverless” at 6:15 pm CESThttps://devopsconference.de/docker-kubernetes/creating-a-distributed-ai-ml-enterprise-fabric-using-kubernetes-and-serverless/
- Learn how to modernize apps and infrastructure using public, hybrid #cloud and #edge computing at @HPE_Discover during @vamsitalkstech’s session https://content.attend.hpe.com/go/agendabuilder.speakers/?l=39&speaker_id=9433&locale=en_US
- At @CloudExpo @EyeOnTheCloud shares best practices for enterprise hybrid #cloud at 8:30 a.m. PThttps://cloudexpo2019.sched.com/event/K6VA/not-your-mothers-cloud-best-practices-for-enterprise-hybrid-cloud
- Be sure to see @VamsiTalksTech present “#Serverless Applications You Can Implement Today: 3 Key Use Cases and Design Patterns” at @CloudExpo on June 26 at 8:30 amhttps://cloudexpo2019.sched.com/event/KohD#Kubernetes #cloud
Platform9 (platform9.com) delivers a SaaS-managed hybrid cloud solution that turns existing infrastructure into a cloud, instantly. We help enterprises drive digital transformation by enabling them to manage VMs, Containers and Serverless Functions on ANY infrastructure — on-premises, in public clouds, or at the edge – with a self-service, simple and unified experience. Customers such as Cadence, Autodesk, Veritas, Nanometrics, EBSCO, Bitly, LogMeIn, and Arubasee upwards of 300 percent improvement in IT efficiency, 33 percent faster time to market, and 50-80 percent improvement in data center utilization and cost reduction. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, and is backed by Redpoint Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and HPE.