345 total views
Next Thursday, the VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings special general meeting will vote on the combined listing of Bakkt and VIH.
The OVM 2.0 version of the Ethereum expansion solution Optimism will be deployed to the Kovan testnet next Thursday (October 14), and will be deployed to the Ethernet mainnet on October 28. There may be 4 to 6 hours of downtime. . Previously, Optimism announced that it would be upgraded to EVM full compatibility. This update is the most important update since the establishment of Optimistic Ethereum, which means that it has taken a big step towards the goal of bringing native Ethereum to L2. Developers will be able to deploy contracts with one click. Tools that everyone is accustomed to using, such as DappTools, Vyper, Tenderly, and Hardhat, can also run on Layer 2, and all of these are built around Ethereum’s most secure client code base.
The VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings Special General Meeting of Shareholders will be held at 10:00, October 14, 2021, Eastern Time, which will include the approval of the proposed business combination. Previously, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has approved the merger of the cryptocurrency exchange Bakkt and VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings (VIH), allowing Bakkt and VIH to be listed as one entity, but VIH shareholders still need to vote for approval. According to CoinDesk’s previous report, Bakkt’s valuation after the merger may reach US$2 billion. Bakkt CEO Gavin Michael said in a statement: “We are very pleased to reach this milestone and look forward to successfully completing the proposed business combination with VIH.”
South Korean crypto trading platform Upbit will suspend trading and deposit and withdrawal services for unverified users starting next Wednesday (October 13). In addition, in accordance with South Korea’s “Specific Financial Transaction Information Reporting and Use Law” and “Specific Financial Transaction Information Reporting and Supervision Regulations”, Upbit has fulfilled its customer verification obligations on October 6th, and has not verified the real-name deposit and withdrawal accounts after October 6th. Market transactions in South Korean won are restricted, and a single transaction for users who have not passed identity verification cannot exceed 1 million won. Under the global regulatory wave, South Korea is reorganizing the cryptocurrency market. In addition to the “Specific Financial Information Law,” which was implemented in March this year to combat money laundering and other crimes, it will also pay more than 2.5 million won per year from January 2022. Of digital currency income is subject to a 20% capital gains tax. South Korea’s Minister of Planning and Finance Hong Nam-ki said, “According to the use of real-name accounts, the necessary infrastructure for tax collection is already in place. Further delaying the taxation plan will damage the reliability of government policies, so we start from the perspective of legal stability or policy credibility. , It is difficult to readjust and postpone the taxation of virtual assets.” With the reshuffle of the Korean exchange and the implementation of various regulatory policies, the Korean cryptocurrency industry will become more and more formalized.
List of other key events ( click here to subscribe to the blockchain calendar )
- Data ownership project Swash opens whitelist application
- Blockchain sandbox game The Sandbox meta-universe skin design contest begins to accept submissions
- The Nigerian Federal High Court will hear a lawsuit filed by Nigerian company ENaira Payment Solutions Limited for trademark infringement of the Nigerian central bank’s digital currency name eNiara
- Strips Finance plans to conduct a public token sale on its website
- Securities tokenization platform Polymath plans to launch Polymesh mainnet
- The securities token EXO of the “Infinite Fleet” issuer ended its sale on Bitfinex Securities
- Kusama’s 11th slot auction ends
- RenrenBit platform for users to submit RRB repaying the application deadline
- Binance rolls out its stock token business, which can be sold or migrated to the CM Equity AG platform within 90 days
- The cross-chain aggregation protocol O3 Swap is launched on the Arbitrum network, and the mainstream asset cross-chain transaction pool is added
- Blockchain development tool provider Biconomy opens token sale on CoinList platform
- Former NBA player O’Neal will collaborate with Ethernity to release a series of NFTs
- RenrenBit stops the spot trading function, and the ETH2.0 deposited by users will be redeemed as ETH
- The Ethereum event ETHOnline hosted by ETHGlobal ends
- Crypto exchange BHEX asset withdrawal function is closed
Disclaimer: As a blockchain information platform, the articles published on this site only represent the author’s personal views, and have nothing to do with the position of ChainNews. The information, opinions, etc. in the article are for reference only, and are not intended as or regarded as actual investment advice.
Blockcast.cc does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you all important information that we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor can this article be considered as investment advice or recommendations. Every investment and trading move involves risk, you should conduct your own research when making a decision.