482 total views
By joining GoodFi, some of the largest projects in DeFi are working together to improve education and adoption of DeFi with the goal of getting 100 million users by 2025
London, May 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GoodFi, a not-for-profit organization created by Radix with the mission of getting 100 million people into DeFi by 2025, announced today the addition of 22 executives to its advisory board from DeFi industry leaders such as Chainlink, Aave, Sushiswap, Avalanche and mStable.
GoodFi’s newly established Board of Advisors includes the following heavy-hitters in DeFi:
- Michael Zacharski – Account Executive, Chainlink
- Omakase – Core Developer, SushiSwap
- Jonas Lamis – CEO, StakerDAO
- Trent Barnes – Principal, ZeroCap
- Alex Wearn – CEO, IDEX
- Sid Powell – CEO, Maple Finance
- Clayton Menzel – Head of Marketing & Content, Figment.io
- Piers Ridyard – CEO, Radix
- Lawrence Till – Managing Director, NetZero Capital
- James Simpson – Co-Founder, mStable
- Isa Kivlighan – Digital Marketing Manager, Aave
- Scott Trowbridge – Co-Founder, Blockswap Network
- Fauve Altman – Global Community Lead, mStable
- Jay Kurahashi-Sofue – VP of Marketing, Ava Labs
- Jacob Kowalewski – Chief Strategy Officer, t3rn
- Isaac Rodgin – Head of Business Development, Fuse.io
- Adam Simmons – Head of Strategy, Radix
- Milana Valmont, Co-Founder & CEO, KIRA network
- Amanda Joki – Business Development & Marketing Lead, SushiSwap
- Kyle Lu – CEO, Dapp.com
- Dan Reecer, VP of Growth, Acala Network
- Rachel Chu – Project Management Lead, SushiSwap
- Albert Castellana – CEO, StakeHound
The addition of the Board of Advisors, who meet monthly to tackle the combined challenges facing the adoption of decentralized finance, marks an important step in the growth of GoodFi after its initial unveiling just a few months ago. The shared experience, knowledge and resources of the GoodFi Board of Advisors will enable initiatives that lower the barriers to entry into crypto and increase understanding and access to DeFi for new users. By lowering these barriers, GoodFi and its members aim to help more people benefit from the opportunities and innovation presented by the DeFi industry.
“Open, distributed systems allow for great speed and innovation. It’s no accident that there are so many projects with talented teams paving the way forward. What’s missing are unbiased groups that seek to create shared value for all builders and users. The decision to join GoodFi on behalf of Avalanche was a no-brainer,” said Jay Kurahashi-Sofue, member of the GoodFi advisory board, and Vice President of Marketing at Ava Labs.
Alongside the new advisory board, the first version of goodfi.com’s user-focused site has gone live, providing the introductory material for someone looking to understand and get involved with DeFi. This initial launch is focused on explaining to a first-time user the value proposition of decentralized finance, where the yield comes from, and the various levels of risk/reward that exist. From there, users are guided through getting their first wallet and assets based on their preferred platform and how much they are looking to invest.
“While opening a new cryptocurrency wallet and interacting with various DeFi dApps is second-nature to crypto-natives, these processes will initially be intimidating to the uninitiated majority across the globe. To get 100m DeFi users by 2025, GoodFi needs to guide users at each step so they feel confident bringing assets into the ecosystem,” said Adam Simmons, Head of Strategy at Radix DLT.
The introductory educational resources that have gone live today are only the first iteration of GoodFi’s efforts to demystify DeFi. The advisory board members are all working on producing content for GoodFi and work is already underway on new features such as a “matchmaker” feature of the website that helps users find beginner-friendly DeFi dApps, opportunities, and asset classes. The focus of this tool, due to be released next month, is to provide an unbiased view of different DeFi options and associated risks as well as give real-time data about yields across a range of proven platforms.
“We are happy to be part of GoodFi to collaborate with other ecosystem players and help new people navigate the world of DeFi. As the ecosystem develops, good educational resources become more important than ever for making it accessible to a wider audience,” said Isa Kivlighan, Head of Marketing at Aave.
All of the DeFi opportunities GoodFi are proposing adhere to three overarching approaches to DeFi investing for new users, based on their financial experience and individual risk tolerance:
- Safe & Stable: This approach primarily involves lending out stablecoins for annual returns of 5% – 15% through applications like Aave and Compound Finance or providing liquidity to stable-stable pairs on automated market makers like Uniswap or Sushiswap.
- Take Calculated Risks: A moderate approach, ideal for those willing to take on calculated risk for higher annual returns (10% – 20%). This looks primarily at having some exposure to high-cap volatile assets like ETH or WBTC paired with a stable coin in two-sided liquidity pools, or through using automated yield farming opportunities such as those offered by Yearn Finance.
- Opportunities for the Adventurous: A more aggressive approach can yield returns of 30% or higher and requires increased exposure to volatile assets. This will include opportunities such as lending out WBTC/ETH or adding to volatile/volatile pairs on automated market makers.
Want to help grow GoodFi or looking to dive into DeFi with the help of GoodFi?
It’s simple. If you’re looking to take your first step into DeFi, visit https://goodfi.com to learn about how the industry works, and how to create and fund your first wallet.
If you’re someone already working in the DeFi space, or just want to help accelerate the growth of the industry, learn how to get involved with GoodFi at https://goodfi.com/about.
About Radix: Radix (www.radixdlt.com) is layer-1 DeFi done right. It’s the only decentralized network where developers will be able to build quickly without the constant threat of exploits and hacks, where every improvement will get rewarded, and where scale will never be a bottleneck.
About Ava Labs: Avalanche by Ava Labs (www.avalabs.org) is an open-source platform for launching decentralized applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications with private or public blockchain networks. Avalanche gives you complete control on both the network and application layers–helping you build anything you can imagine.
About SushiSwap: Sushi (www.sushi.com) is building a comprehensive DeFi ecosystem with AMM, leverage & margin trading platform, token launchpad and NFT artist platform. Follow our socials to keep up with our product launches and find out more on how you can make the most of your cryptocurrency assets with Sushi’s secure and powerful DeFi tools.
CONTACT: Karla Vilhelem Multiplied Marketing Communications +1 873-216-0345 firstname.lastname@example.org
Blockcast.cc does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you all important information that we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor can this article be considered as investment advice or recommendations. Every investment and trading move involves risk, you should conduct your own research when making a decision.